- Became interested in acting as an English major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, when he played Bolingbroke in a production of Shakespeare's Richard II.
- Trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Has portrayed numerous political figures, including president of the United States on 24 (2005-2010) and a senator on Big Love (2011). These roles should come easily for him—his father served as mayor of Burlington, WI.
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1994, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- William Itzin — Son
- Judie Goldman — Wife
- Julia Itzin — Daughter
- Martin Itzin — Father
- Attended University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Birth Place: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Life imitates art