- Toured extensively with the Australian theater company Bell Shakespeare, appearing in productions of Romeo and Juliet, Richard III, Hamlet and The Merchant of Venice.
- Met wife Roxane Wilson when they were cast as lovers in the 1999 film Change of Heart.
- Struggled for his first five years in the U.S. to find work and to make ends meet.
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 2010 Qantas Film and Television Awards for his role on the New Zealand television comedy-drama Outrageous Fortune.
- In 2010, was named the host of The Amazing Race Australia and, prior to that, starred for four seasons on the Australian version of the reality competition The Mole.
- Roxane Wilson — Wife (separated)
- Ezekiel Bowler — Son
- John Bowler — Father
- Edie Grace Bowler — Daughter
- National Institute of Dramatic Art, Kensington, New South Wales, Australia (1991)
Season 3, Episode 9
- Birth Place: Auckland, New Zealand
- Birthday: July 18, 1968, Cancer
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: