- Toured extensively with the Australian theater company Bell Shakespeare, appearing in productions of Romeo and Juliet, Richard III, Hamlet and The Merchant of Venice.
- Met wife Roxane Wilson when they were cast as lovers in the 1999 film Change of Heart.
- Struggled for his first five years in the U.S. to find work and to make ends meet.
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the 2010 Qantas Film and Television Awards for his role on the New Zealand television comedy-drama Outrageous Fortune.
- In 2010, was named the host of The Amazing Race Australia and, prior to that, starred for four seasons on the Australian version of the reality competition The Mole.
- Ezekiel Bowler — Son
- Roxane Wilson — Wife (separated)
- John Bowler — Father
- Edie Grace Bowler — Daughter
- National Institute of Dramatic Art, Kensington, New South Wales, Australia (1991)
- Birth Place: Auckland, New Zealand
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Looking back at the last decade of the Oscar-nominee's style.