- Father was a wealthy industrialist and uncle was a Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1949's The Father.
- Made her film debut at age 22 in 1951's Fourteen Hours.
- Appeared in three movies directed by Alfred Hitchcock, including To Catch a Thief (1955) in Monaco, where she met her future husband, Prince Rainier.
- After her royal wedding in 1956, she retired from acting and her husband banned her films from being shown in Monaco.
- Served on the board of Twentieth Century Fox from 1976 to '81.
- Was the subject of the exhibition "Grace Kelly: From Movie Star to Princess" at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.
- 1954, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Winner
- 1955, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Winner
- 1953, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1954, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Foreign Actress: Nominee
- 1955, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Foreign Actress: Nominee
- 1954, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1956, Golden Globe — Henrietta Award (World Film Favorites): Winner
- Margaret Kelly Conlan — Sister
- Prince Rainier — Husband
- Lizanne Kelly LeVine — Sister
- Prince Albert II — Son
- Margaret Majer Kelly — Mother
- Princess Caroline — Daughter
- Princess Stephanie — Daughter
- John Brendan Kelly Jr. — Brother
- John Brendan Kelly Sr. — Father
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, NY (1949)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Hearst Entertainment, Inc.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $6.49 (as of 7:44 PM UTC - more info)
By Janson MediaUsually ships in 5 to 7 days Buy New: $12.95 (as of 7:44 PM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.99 (as of 7:44 PM UTC - more info)