- Attended the American College of Switzerland on a scholarship and then returned to the U.S., where she joined Chicago's Steppenwolf Theater Company.
- At Steppenwolf, she worked alongside a number of soon-to-be stars including Gary Sinise, Laurie Metcalf and John Malkovich, whom she would later marry and divorce.
- Breakout film role was in Arthur Penn's Four Friends (1981), a drama about a young immigrant growing up in the '60s.
- Mastered American Sign Language for her role in the 1995 film Mr. Holland's Opus.
- Debuted on the London stage opposite Miranda Richardson in 1999's Aunt Dan and Lemon.
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Special: Nominee
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Special: Nominee
- Byron McCulloch — Husband
- John Malkovich — Ex-husband
- American College of Switzerland, Leysin, Switzerland
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Glenne Aimee Headly
- Birth Place: New London, CT
- Profession: Actor, Director, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
That's a lot of show