- Inspired to pursue a career in radio by The Golden Years of Radio, a double-LP collection of 1930s and 1940s radio productions that his mother gave him for his 8th birthday.
- First appeared on radio at age 13 when he won a local station's guest-DJ contest.
- Had a magic act as a teenager.
- Worked as a part-time DJ at radio stations in Bellingham and Seattle while attending high school.
- Skipped college to pursue a career in radio. Within two years he was the morning-show host and program manager at the Corpus Christi, Texas, station KZFM. Other stops included Provo, UT; Washington, D.C.; Louisville; Phoenix; Houston; Baltimore; and New Haven, CT.
- Quit drugs and alcohol in 1994.
- Started in talk radio in 1998 while simultaneously hosting a morning show on a New Haven music station.
- Converted to Mormonism in 1999.
- Premiered The Glenn Beck Program on Tampa's WFLA on Jan. 3, 2000.
- Debuted his TV talk show, titled Glenn Beck, in 2006 on CNN Headline News, and later signed with Fox News Channel in 2008.
- Was named by Barbara Walters as one of the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009 on her ABC special.
- William Beck — Father
- Tania — Wife
- Claire — Ex-wife
- Mary — Daughter
- Cheyenne — Daughter
- Raphe — Son
- Dee Beck — Stepmother
- Hannah — Daughter
- Mary Beck — Mother
- Birth Name: Glenn Edward Lee Beck
- Birth Place: Everett, WA
- Profession: TV-radio talk-show host, Author, Political commentator
Trending TonightSee all »
Tangled, Grimm and more!
The Best Ever Book of Glenn Beck Jokes: Lots and Lots of Jokes Specially Repurposed for You-Know-Who
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $14.99
By Arts Alliance AmericaBuy New: $3.99
By Mercury Radio ArtsBuy New: $8.97