- One of 12 children.
- Received his first guitar at age 4.
- Began playing in country bands at 14.
- Left school at 16 to pursue music full-time.
- Formed his own band, the Western Wranglers, at age 18.
- Moved to L.A. in the late 1950s to become a studio musician.
- Briefly joined the Champs, best known for their hit "Tequila."
- Became part of the famed "Wrecking Crew"—a group of session musicians who played on many Phil Spector sessions.
- Released his first single, "Turn Around, Look at Me," in 1961. One of the people who heard it on the radio: a 14-year-old Jimmy Webb, who would go on to write many of Campbell's classic hits.
- Became a touring member of the Beach Boys after Brian Wilson retired from the road in 1965, but decided against joining them full-time.
- Had his big breakthrough in 1967 with "Gentle on My Mind" and the Webb-penned "By the Time I Get to Phoenix."
- Scored five No. 1 country hits ("I Wanna Live," "Wichita Lineman," "Galveston," "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Southern Nights") and two No. 1 pop hits ("Rhinestone Cowboy," "Southern Nights") during his career.
- Published his autobiography, Rhinestone Cowboy, in 1994.
- Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Has his own theater in Branson, MO.
- Announced in 2011 that he has Alzheimer's disease.
- 1970, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2014, Grammy — Best Country Song: Winner
- 1970, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- 2014, Oscar — Best Achievement in Music (Original Song): Nominee
- Cal Campbell — Son
- Kimberly Campbell — Wife
- Lindell Campbell — Brother
- Sarah — Ex-wife
- Carrie Dell Campbell — Mother
- Shannon Campbell — Son
- Diane — Ex-wife
- Tanya Tucker — Ex-significant Other
- Billie Jean Nunley — Ex-wife
- Debby Campbell-Cloyd — Daughter
- Wesley Campbell — Father
- Ashley Campbell — Daughter
- Birth Name: Glen Travis Campbell
- Birth Place: Delight, AR
- Birthday: April 22, 1936, Taurus
- Profession: Country-pop singer, Guitarist
Trending TonightSee all »
Get to know the BAU's new agent