- Sang publicly for the first time at the age of 4 at the Mount Mariah Baptist Church in Atlanta.
- Won the grand prize on Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour at the age of 8.
- Formed the singing group the Pips, which included her brother, sister and cousins, in 1952; their first hit song was in 1960 with "Every Beat of My Heart."
- Had a gambling addiction for more than 10 years, but sought help in the late 1980s after losing $45,000 in one night.
- Costarred with Flip Wilson in the short-lived 1985 CBS comedy Charlie & Company.
- Part owner of the Gladys Knight & Ron Winans' Chicken & Waffles restaurant chain.
- Performed at the funeral services for Michael Jackson in 2009.
- Was a contestant on the reality show Dancing With the Stars in 2012. Ironically, she was eliminated during the show's Motown Week performances.
- 2001, Grammy — Best Traditional R&B Vocal Album: Winner
- 1986, Grammy — Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1973, Grammy — Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals: Winner
- 2005, Grammy — Best Gospel Choir or Chorus Album: Winner
- 2004, Grammy — Best Gospel Performance: Winner
- 1973, Grammy — Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1988, Grammy — Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals: Winner
- 1977, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Nominee
- Kenya Jackson — Daughter
- Merald Knight Sr. — Father
- Shanga-Ali Hankerson — Son
- Harold Knight — Cousin
- James Newman — Ex-husband
- David Leon Knight — Brother
- Elizabeth Woods Knight — Mother
- Bubba Knight — Brother
- William Guest — Cousin
- Brenda Knight Clark — Sister
- James Newman III — Son
- Les Brown — Ex-husband
- William McDowell — Husband
- Barry Hankerson — Ex-husband
- Edward Patten — Cousin
Season 5, Episode 12
- Birth Name: Gladys Maria Knight
- Birth Place: Atlanta, GA
- Birthday: May 28, 1944, Gemini
- Profession: Singer, Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: