- Played football in college, as quarterback.
- Joined the Air Force after college, and served three years, spending time at Ramey Air Force Base in Puerto Rico.
- Taught history at a high school for a year.
- Studied under Helen Hayes at the American Theater Wing in New York.
- Made his Broadway debut in the musical All American in 1962.
- Played his most famous role, Goober Pyle, in three different shows – The Andy Griffith Show, Mayberry RFD and Hee Haw.
- Sponsored the George Lindsey Celebrity Weekend and Golf Tournament to raise money for the Alabama Special Olympics.
- Published his autobiography, Goober in a Nutshell, in 1995.
- Founded the George Lindsey/University of North Alabama Television and Film Festival in 1998.
- George Ross Lindsey — Father
- Camden Jo Lindsey Gardner — Daughter
- Joyanne Herbert — Ex-wife
- Alice Smith — Mother
- George Smith Lindsey Jr. — Son
- Anne Wilson — Significant Other
- Attended Kemper Military School, Boonville, MO; attended University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL; Florence State Teachers College, Florence, AL (BS in Biological Science and Physical Education, 1952)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: George Smith Lindsey
- Birth Place: Fairfield, AL
- Died: May 6, 2012
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead