George Harrison Celebrity Watchlist
- Attended high school with Paul McCartney, who was one year older.
- Already released two solo albums, Wonderwall Music and Electronic Sound, before the Beatles broke up in 1970.
- Formed a film production company, Handmade Films, and produced 23 movies, including Monty Python's Life of Brian, Mona Lisa and Time Bandits.
- Was a Formula 1 racing fan and owned a McLaren F1 car.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Beatles on January 20, 1988 and as a solo artist on March 15, 2004.
- An assailant broke into his home in 1999 and stabbed Harrison seven times before his wife Olivia knocked him over the head with a lamp.
- 1964, Grammy — Best Performance By A Vocal Group: Winner
- 1996, Grammy — Best Music Video - Long Form: Winner
- 1967, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 1989, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1996, Grammy — Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1964, BAFTA Film Awards — Most Promising Newcomer to Film: Nominee
- 1972, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 1996, Grammy — Best Music Video - Short Form: Winner
- 1964, Grammy — Best New Artist: Winner
- 1970, Oscar — Best Achievement in Music (Original Song Score): Winner
- 1970, Grammy — Best Original Score Written For A Motion Picture Or A Television Special: Winner
- 2003, Grammy — Best Pop Instrumental Performance: Winner
- 1967, Grammy — Best Contemporary Album: Winner
- Harry Harrison — Brother
- Pattie Boyd — Ex-wife
- Dhani Harrison — Son
- Pete Harrison — Brother
- Louise Harrison — Sister
- Harold Harrison — Father
- Olivia Harrison — Wife
- Louise Harrison — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage