- Dropped out of high school and joined Job Corps, where he learned to box.
- Won a gold medal at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
- Won his first world heavyweight title in 1973 (against Joe Frazier) and his second more than 20 years later against Michael Moorer in 1994.
- Retired from boxing in 1977 but returned to the ring in 1987.
- Finished his career with a 76-5 (68 KOs) record.
- Named all five of his sons George.
- Opened the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Houston.
- Spokesman for the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine, which became so popular that the manufacturer bought out Foreman and his partner for nearly $140 million in 1999 (rather than continue to pay them royalties).
- Has released multiple cookbooks, an autobiography and a children’s book.
- Is active in the Knock Out Pediatric Cancer initiative and continues to work with the George Foreman Youth & Community Center, which he founded in 1984.
- Adrienne Foreman-Jones — Ex-wife
- Nancy Foreman — Mother
- Mary 'Joan' Foreman — Wife
- J.D. Foreman — Father
- Michi Helene Foreman — Daughter
- Georgette Foreman — Daughter
- Leola Foreman — Daughter
- Leroy Moorehead — Father
- George Foreman Jr. — Son
- George Foreman VI — Son
- Freeda Foreman — Daughter
- George Foreman IV — Son
- George Foreman V — Son
- Cynthia Lewis Foreman — Ex-wife
- Gloria — Sister
- Natalie Foreman — Daughter
- George Foreman III — Son
- Andrea Skeete — Ex-wife
- Birth Name: George Edward Foreman
- Birth Place: Marshall, TX
- Profession: Boxer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead