Rugged and athletic, this Texas-born actor has worked almost exclusively on the small screen. He was just shy of 30 when he landed his first major gig on the short-lived prime-time soap Savannah
. After the show was cancelled, Eads toiled in a few made-for-TV movies before landing a memorable three-episode guest stint on ER
as a paramedic who wooed Julianna Margulies' character Carol Hathaway. Eads starred on another ill-fated series, Grapevine
, but CSI is what made him big. As forensic analyst Nick Stokes, he earned an increasingly strong fan base. Off-screen, he's kept a relatively low profile, even during a reported 2004 contract dispute.George Eads Fast Facts:
- Member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Texas Epsilon chapter.
- Was so popular in the series premiere of Savannah as the murdered Travis that producers brought him back in flashbacks, and eventually as the twin brother of his original character.
- Was fired from CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and then rehired (along with costar Jorja Fox) in 2004 following a reported contract dispute.
- Part owner of the Cinespace complex in Los Angeles.
- "Evel [Knievel] was a true superhero," he told TV GUIDE in 2004 as he promoted a TV movie about the daredevil's life. "He appealed to that sense of adventure in all of us, the part that wishes we could laugh death in the face, but we can't."
- In 2009, he was voted onto the annual TV GUIDE list of TV's Sexiest Stars.
- George Eads Relationships:
- Arthur Coleman 'Cappy' Eads - Father
- Dudley Baker - Stepfather
- Vivian Baker - Mother
- Angela Eads Tekell - Sister
- Monika Casey - Fiancée
- George Eads Awards:
- 2003 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 2002 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 2001 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Winner
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (Marketing, 1990)