- Lived in Turkey from age 6 to 11.
- Met close friend Oprah Winfrey when both worked at a Baltimore TV station in 1976.
- Worked for 18 years as a TV news anchor for a CBS affiliate in Connecticut. Also worked at TV stations in Kansas City and Washington, D.C.
- Began hosting her own show, The Gayle King Show, on XM Satellite Radio in 2006.
- The editor-at-large of Winfrey's magazine O.
- William Bumpus — Ex-husband
- Peggy King — Mother
- Will Bumpus — Son
- Kirby Bumpus — Daughter
- Scott King — Father
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, United States (BA in Psychology, 1976)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
- Birthday: December 28, 1954, Capricorn
- Profession: Anchor, Editor, Journalist
Trending TonightSee all »
Get to know the BAU's new agent