- Was raised by his mother and two sisters after his father abandoned the family.
- Dropped out of high school and worked in a sporting-goods store before studying acting at the Greenwich Young People's Theatre.
- At age 23, appeared in his first film, Remembrance (1981).
- Thought up the stage name Laila Morse, an anagram of "mia sorella," the Italian words for "my sister," for his sibling Maureen Oldman. She made her film debut in 1997's Nil by Mouth, her brother's loosely autobiographical directorial debut.
- Provided the voice of characters in several video games, including games in The Legend of Spyro and Call of Duty series.
- Voiced three characters (Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim and Marley) in Disney's A Christmas Carol (2009).
- Directed the music video for Jonathan Clark's song "I'll Be There" and sang background vocals on two tracks of Clark's debut album, I'm Just Sayin' (2010).
- Honored by the British film magazine Empire with the 2011 Empire Film Icon Award.
- 2001, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1998, BAFTA Film Awards — The Alexander Korda Award for the Outstanding British Film of the Year: Winner
- 1992, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Male Lead: Nominee
- 2001, Critics' Choice Awards — Alan J. Pakula Award: Winner
- 1998, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Original Screenplay: Winner
- 2012, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Leading Actor: Nominee
- 2000, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1988, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2012, European Film Awards — European Actor: Nominee
- 2011, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2009, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2001, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Nominee
- Alexandra Edenborough — Wife (separated)
- Alfred Oldman — Son
- Uma Thurman — Ex-wife
- Lesley Manville — Ex-wife
- Laila Morse — Sister
- Charlie John Oldman — Son
- Donya Fiorentino — Ex-wife
- Gulliver Flynn Oldman — Son
- Isabella Rossellini — Ex-fiancée
- Jackie Oldman — Sister
- Kathleen Oldman — Mother
- Leonard Oldman — Father
- Rose Bruford College of Speech and Drama, Kent, England (BA in Theater Arts, 1979)
- Birth Name: Leonard Gary Oldman
- Birth Place: London, England
- Birthday: March 21, 1958, Aries
- Profession: Actor, Director, Writer, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind