- Her Trinidadian father died in a plane crash when she was 5. On the inside of her right ankle is a tattoo of a silver cross to commemorate him.
- Grew up in the Virgin Islands, moving to Florida with her mother when she was a junior in high school.
- In 1994, she became the first female athlete to create a shoe for Nike.
- Was a member of the team that won the first Beach Volleyball World Championships in 1997.
- Has appeared on the covers of (among others) Sports Illustrated for Women, Travel & Leisure Golf, Elle, Shape, Self , Playboy and Harper's Bazaar.
- Actively supports the American Heart Association's Teaching Gardens program, which combats childhood obesity by teaching kids about fitness and nutrition.
- Has her own line of health and fitness products.
- Reece Viola Hamilton — Daughter
- Laird Hamilton — Husband
- Robert Reece — Father
- Dean Cain — Ex-significant Other
- Terry Glynn — Mother
- Izabela Hamilton — Stepdaughter
- Brody Jo Hamilton — Daughter
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, United States (BA in Communications, 1991)
- Birth Place: La Jolla, California, United States
- Profession: Former pro volleyball player, Model, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The 100 and more
By ANCHOR BAYBuy New: $4.97
By Travelvideostore.comBuy New: $14.95