- Originally aspired to become a Major League baseball player.
- Began his stand-up career by performing in small nightclubs, coffee houses and Playboy clubs.
- Big break came during the early 1970s, when he made five appearances on The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson.
- Best-known for the role of Gabe Kotter, teacher of a class of underachievers, on Welcome Back, Kotter, a series he cocreated based on his own high-school experiences.
- An avid poker player, he made his first appearance at the World Series of Poker in 1978.
- Biggest poker win came in July of 2004, as he placed third in a World Poker Tour Texas Hold 'Em event, netting more than $250,000.
- Charles Kaplan — Father
- Rachel Kaplan — Daughter
- Dorothy Kaplan — Mother
- Birth Name: Gabriel Kaplan
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Birthday: March 31, 1945, Aries
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Poker player
Trending TonightSee all »
Get to know the BAU's new agent