- By age 6, he was acting in radio and TV commercials, including one for Pac-Man vitamins.
- Said his first kiss happened on camera, with Danica McKellar, who played Winnie on The Wonder Years.
- In 1989, at age 13, he became the youngest actor nominated for a Best Actor Emmy.
- After The Wonder Years went off the air, he attended Brentwood School in L.A. for his senior year of high school, and played running back and linebacker on its football team.
- Earned an English degree at Stanford, but took time off between his junior and senior years to star in the short-lived sitcom Working.
- After graduating from college, he focused on directing for TV, helming episodes of Boy Meets World (which starred his brother Ben), Ugly Betty, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and others.
- The "In Memoriam" segment at the 2010 Emmys spurred Internet death rumors, when producers used a childhood photo of Corey Haim that bore a striking resemblance to Savage.
- 1990, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Young TV Performer: Winner
- 1991, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Young TV Performer: Winner
- 1991, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1990, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Kala Savage — Sister
- Oliver Philip Savage — Son
- Lily Aerin Savage — Daughter
- Ben Savage — Brother
- Jennifer Stone — Wife
- Joanne Savage — Mother
- Lew Savage — Father
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA (BA in English, 1999)
Season 3, Episode 13
- Birth Place: Highland Park, IL
- Birthday: July 9, 1976, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Director
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: