- Earned 10 varsity letters in three sports during high school.
- His pre-fame jobs included working in a factory, selling shoes and painting cars.
- The son of a musician, he began his showbiz career as a saxophone player and singer.
- Was cast as Bob Hope's understudy in the Broadway musical Roberta in 1934.
- Starred in 1945's Where Do We Go From Here? with June Haver, who would become his second wife nine years later.
- Appeared in seven Disney films, beginning with The Shaggy Dog in 1959.
- His My Three Sons character, Steve Douglas, was ranked No. 7 by TV GUIDE in a list of 50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time.
- 1962, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Maleta Martin — Mother
- Laurie MacMurray — Daughter
- Kate MacMurray — Daughter
- Frederick MacMurray — Father
- Robert MacMurray — Son
- Lillian Lamont — Wife (deceased)
- June Haver — Wife
- Susan MacMurray Pool — Daughter
- Attended the Chicago Academy for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Birth Name: Frederick Martin MacMurray
- Birth Place: Kankakee, IL
- Died: November 5, 1991
- Profession: Actor, Musician
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.
By Turner Classic MoviesBuy New: $34.99
By BearManor MediaBuy New: $24.95