- Lost his New Jersey accent as a teenager by repeatedly listening to recordings of John Gielgud.
- Prior to finding work as an actor, sang folk songs in coffee shops.
- Won a 1975 Tony Award for his Broadway debut in Edward Albee's Seascape, in which he played a lizard.
- Became known as a sex symbol for his lead role in Dracula, first on the Broadway stage and later in the 1979 feature film.
- Replaced Hugh Laurie as Daily Planet editor Perry White in 2006's Superman Returns.
- Notably portrayed Richard Nixon in the play Frost/Nixon, first in 2006 in London's West End and then on Broadway, where his performance earned him a Tony Award, a Drama Desk Award and the Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Actor.
- Reprised his role of Richard Nixon in the 2008 film adaptation of Frost/Nixon, and earned his first Oscar nomination.
- 2004, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2008, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1983, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievement - Informational Programming: Nominee
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Leading Actor: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2012, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 1971, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- 2009, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2002, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Winner
- 2008, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Male Lead: Nominee
- 2007, Tony — Actor (Play): Winner
- 2016, Tony — Actor (Play): Winner
- 1978, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2009, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 1975, Tony — Actor, Supporting or Featured (Dramatic): Winner
- Whoopi Goldberg — Ex-significant Other
- Frank Langella Sr. — Father
- Ruth (Weil) Langella — Ex-wife
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY (BA in Drama, 1959)
- Birth Name: Frank A. Langella, Jr.
- Birth Place: Bayonne, NJ
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The man who plays Abraham talks about what to expect in Season 7