- Suffers from dyslexia and dyspraxia.
- Between the ages of 10 and 14 she lost both grandparents and became more fascinated with doom and terror; her grandmother took her own life.
- Her parents divorced when she was 13, and her mother married their neighbour which led to the two of them moving in with him and his three teenage children.
- Has naturally brown hair but has become known for her red curly hair.
- The name for her group Florence and the Machine originated from an inside joke with her friend Isabelle Machine with whom she made music.
- Her single "What the Water Gave Me" was inspired by the suicide of Virginia Woolf.
- Colin Welch — Grandfather
- Stuart Hammond — Ex-significant Other
- Nick Welch — Father
- Evelyn Welch — Mother
- Attended Camberwell College of Arts, Camberwell, London, England
- Birth Name: Florence Leontine Mary Welch
- Birth Place: Camberwell, London, England
- Birthday: August 28, 1986, Virgo
- Profession: British indie rock singer
Trending TonightSee all »
It doesn't depend on a boyfriend