- Was the youngest of 10 children born to a Midwestern sharecropper and his wife, who taught her to sing; by age 2 she had a repertoire of 50 songs.
- Made her Broadway debut at 18 in Wish You Were Here and was soon headlining the touring company of Oklahoma!
- Her extensive theater credits include leading roles in the Broadway productions of Fanny (1954) and The Girl Who Came to Supper (1963-64).
- Appeared on NBC's Today from 1959-60 as a "Today Girl."
- Was the first woman to guest host NBC's The Tonight Show.
- Followed in the footsteps of her second husband and became a certified hypnotherapist.
- Inducted into the Smithsonian Institute's first permanent Entertainment History Exhibit in 2008 as one of pop culture's greatest TV icons.
- Appeared on Dancing With the Stars in 2010.
- Joseph — Son
- Elizabeth Henderson — Mother
- Barbara — Daughter
- Ira Bernstein — Ex-husband
- John Kappas — Husband (deceased)
- Joseph Henderson — Father
- Robert — Son
- Elizabeth — Daughter
- John Henderson — Brother
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, New York, United States (1953)
- Birth Name: Florence Agnes Henderson
- Birth Place: Dale, Indiana, United States
- Died: November 24, 2016
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters