- Is the youngest of 10 children born to a Midwestern sharecropper and his wife, who taught her to sing; by age 2 she had a repertoire of 50 songs.
- Made her Broadway debut at 18 in Wish You Were Here and was soon headlining the touring company of Oklahoma!
- Her extensive theater credits include leading roles in the Broadway productions of Fanny (1954) and The Girl Who Came to Supper (1963-64).
- Appeared on NBC's Today from 1959-60 as a "Today Girl."
- Was the first woman to guest host NBC's The Tonight Show.
- Achieved everlasting fame as Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch. (The character's full name is Carol Ann Tyler Martin Brady.)
- Followed in the footsteps of her second husband and became a certified hypnotherapist.
- Inducted into the Smithsonian Institute's first permanent Entertainment History Exhibit in 2008 as one of pop culture's greatest TV icons.
- Appeared on Dancing With the Stars in 2010.
- Elizabeth Henderson — Mother
- Elizabeth — Daughter
- Joseph — Son
- Barbara — Daughter
- Ira Bernstein — Ex-husband
- Joseph Henderson — Father
- Robert — Son
- John Henderson — Brother
- John Kappas — Husband (deceased)
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, NY (1953)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Florence Agnes Henderson
- Birth Place: Dale, IN
- Birthday: February 14, 1934, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind