- An acclaimed classical stage actress, she has worked with Britain's Royal Shakespeare Company and Royal National Theater.
- Received the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art's Ronson Award for Most Promising Pupil in 1982.
- Turned heads when she starred as the title character in a controversial 1995 production of Richard II for London's National Theatre.
- Has starred in many plays directed by longtime friend/collaborator Deborah Warner, including Richard II, Electra, The Powerbook, The Wasteland and Medea.
- Was awarded an honorary CBE (Commander of the British Empire) in 2001.
- Received honorary doctorates from the National University of Ireland and Trinity College, Dublin.
- Has directed operas for the English National Opera, including Riders to the Sea in 2008 and The Marriage of Figaro in 2011.
- 2003, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 2008, Olivier Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- Mary Teresa Wilson — Mother
- Denison Joseph Wilson — Father
- University College Cork, County Cork, Ireland (BA in Philosophy, 1979); Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, London, England (1982)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Fiona Mary Wilson
- Birth Place: County Cork, Ireland
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?