Fiona Shaw Celebrity
- An acclaimed classical stage actress, she has worked with Britain's Royal Shakespeare Company and Royal National Theater.
- Received the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art's Ronson Award for Most Promising Pupil in 1982.
- Turned heads when she starred as the title character in a controversial 1995 production of Richard II for London's National Theatre.
- Has starred in many plays directed by longtime friend/collaborator Deborah Warner, including Richard II, Electra, The Powerbook, The Wasteland and Medea.
- Was awarded an honorary CBE (Commander of the British Empire) in 2001.
- Received honorary doctorates from the National University of Ireland and Trinity College, Dublin.
- Has directed operas for the English National Opera, including Riders to the Sea in 2008 and The Marriage of Figaro in 2011.
- 2003, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- Mary Teresa Wilson — Mother
- Denison Joseph Wilson — Father
- University College Cork, County Cork, Ireland (BA in Philosophy, 1979); Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, London, England (1982)
Trending TonightSee all »
Charlie Rose with Maya Angelou & Ashford and Simpson; Fiona Shaw; Susan Eisenhower (December 25, 1996)
By Charlie RoseUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 3:28 AM UTC - more info)
MuseNews Interviews with theater figures Marcel Bozonnet, Christoph Marthaler, Ian McDiarmid, Max Raabe, Ian Rickson, Mark Rylance, Fiona Shaw,...
By Annapurna, LLCAvailable for download now Buy New: $2.95 (as of 3:28 AM UTC - more info)