If it seemed like this brunette stunner came out of nowhere when she made a splash on Lost,
that's because she did. The Canada-born bombshell initially didn't have glamorous aspirations — as a teen she lived in a grass hut while working as a missionary in the Philippines — but then an agent from the Ford Modeling Agency spotted her walking down the street in her homeland. She was initially hesitant to pursue this opportunity, but she did in order to earn money for her college tuition (though she didn't love the commercial work she began getting). After a handful of minuscule acting parts, Lilly landed on Lost
as criminal castaway Kate Austen. She caught the eye of viewers as well as of costar Dominic Monaghan, with whom she's had an on-again, off-again relationship. In 2009, Lilly made peace with her roots in modeling and doing commercials by signing on with L'Oréal. But she's also been candid about some regrets she has had about early decisions she made in her career, such as taking pictures that wound up in Maxim. Nevertheless, that doesn't stop Maxim from regularly selecting her to be on their annual Hot 100 list.Evangeline Lilly Fast Facts:
- Was an antipoverty and human-rights activist in college.
- Pre-show-business jobs included waitress, bartender, restaurant floor manager, auto mechanic, and Sunday-school teacher.
- Was discovered by an agent from the Ford Modeling Agency while walking down the street in Canada.
- Before Lost, was an extra in the 2003 movie Freddy vs. Jason, and appeared as a corpse in ABC's 2004 Stephen King miniseries Kingdom Hospital.
- Signed on to do commercials for L'Oréal in 2009.
- Enjoys ice skating, canoeing, kayaking, snowboarding and rock climbing.
- Evangeline Lilly Relationships:
- Dominic Monaghan - Ex-significant Other
- Norman Kali - Significant Other
- Murray Hone - Ex-husband
- Kahekili Kali - Son
- Evangeline Lilly Awards:
- 2007 Golden Globe: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama - Nominee
- 2009 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture - Nominee
- 2005 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Winner
- Attended University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada