From her soapy start as a mentally unstable wife on The Young and the Restless
to the sudsy prime-time series that skyrocketed her to fame, this Desperate Housewives
actress knows how to play camp and glam to the hilt. Known for her sexy style and persona, both on camera and off, Longoria has been the face of L'Oreal Paris, Bebe Sport and Hanes. Her business and charitable interests quiet those who see her simply as a Latina bombshell. She opened Beso, a Latin-fusion steakhouse, in 2008 with chef Todd English, and serves as a spokesperson for PADRES, an organization aiding Latino children with cancer. And in 2009, she went back to school to get her Master's degree in Chicano Studies and Political Science. Inspired by her sister Elizabeth, who was born with Down syndrome---she also helped create Eva's Heroes, a foundation offering enrichment opportunities for developmentally challenged youth.Eva Longoria Fast Facts:
- Appeared in stage productions while attending Texas A&M University, Kingsville.
- Named Miss Corpus Christi USA in 1998.
- Was signed by an agent after entering a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles after college.
- Won ALMA Awards in 2002 (for the role of Isabella Brana Williams in The Young and the Restless) and 2006 (for Person of the Year).
- Made her professional theatrical debut in 2003 in What the Rabbi Saw.
- Coproduces and has appeared in Hot Tamales Live, a sketch-comedy show in L.A.
- Told NBC's Stone Phillips in a 2005 interview, "I grew up as the ugly duckling. They used to call me 'la prieta fay,' which means 'the ugly dark one.'"
- Eva Longoria Relationships:
- Eduardo Cruz - Ex-significant Other
- Ella Longoria - Mother
- Enrique Longoria - Father
- Tony Parker - Ex-husband
- Tyler Christopher - Ex-husband
- Emily - Sister
- Elizabeth - Sister
- Esmeralda - Sister
- Harper Seven Beckham - Godchild
- Eva Longoria Awards:
- 2004 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Winner
- 2008 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Nominee
- 2007 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Nominee
- 2005 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Winner
- 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Nominee
- 2007 People's Choice Awards: Favorite Female TV Star - Winner
- 2006 Golden Globe: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy - Nominee
- Texas A&M University, Kingsville, TX (BS in Kinesiology, 1997); California State University, Northridge, CA (MA in Chicano Studies, 2013)