This sultry beauty is best known for portraying a doctor on All My Children, a part she played on and off for over a decade. Not only did the daytime soap earn her legions of fans, but her on-screen husband John Callahan became her real-life spouse. La Rue hosted a number of specials and enjoyed recurring roles on Third Watch and George Lopez before joining the cast of CSI: Miami in 2005. Unfortunately, while her career took a turn for the better, her marriage to Callahan ended in divorce that same year. In her spare time, La Rue enjoys horseback riding, gardening and practicing Tae Kwon Do.
- Began her career at 6 years old by singing commercial jingles and entering beauty pageants, winning Little Miss California (1973) and Miss American Teenager (1983).
- After appearing on Star Search in 1985, she switched her focus from singing and dancing to acting.
- Nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Supporting Actress (1997) and Outstanding Original Song (2004).
- Hobbies include Tae Kwon Do, horseback riding and gardening.
- Joe Cappuccio — Husband (separated)
- John O'Hurley — Ex-husband
- Marcie LaRuy — Mother
- Luis LaRuy — Father
- John Callahan — Ex-husband
- Kaya McKenna Callahan — Daughter
- Lara LaRuy — Sister
- Nika LaRuy — Sister
- Luis LaRuy — Brother
- Michael Joseph Consuelos — Godchild
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Eva Maria LaRuy
- Birth Place: Long Beach, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Matt Damon dated a Stranger Things star in 2000.