This sultry beauty is best known for portraying a doctor on All My Children
, a part she played on and off for over a decade. Not only did the daytime soap earn her legions of fans, but her on-screen husband John Callahan became her real-life spouse. La Rue hosted a number of specials and enjoyed recurring roles on Third Watch
and George Lopez
before joining the cast of CSI: Miami
in 2005. Unfortunately, while her career took a turn for the better, her marriage to Callahan ended in divorce that same year. In her spare time, La Rue enjoys horseback riding, gardening and practicing Tae Kwon Do.Eva La Rue Fast Facts:
- Began her career at 6 years old by singing commercial jingles and entering beauty pageants, winning Little Miss California (1973) and Miss American Teenager (1983).
- After appearing on Star Search in 1985, she switched her focus from singing and dancing to acting.
- Nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Supporting Actress (1997) and Outstanding Original Song (2004).
- Hobbies include Tae Kwon Do, horseback riding and gardening.
- Eva La Rue Relationships:
- Michael Joseph Consuelos - Godchild
- John O'Hurley - Ex-husband
- Marcie LaRuy - Mother
- Luis LaRuy - Father
- John Callahan - Ex-husband
- Kaya McKenna Callahan - Daughter
- Lara LaRuy - Sister
- Nika LaRuy - Sister
- Luis LaRuy - Brother
- Joe Cappuccio - Husband (separated)