Esther Williams Celebrity Watchlist
- Took on her first job at age 8 as a towel girl at a local swimming pool.
- Was a champion swimmer, and qualified for the 1940 U.S. Olympic team, though the games were canceled when WWII broke out.
- Broke into show business opposite Johnny Weismuller in the San Francisco Aquacade, an aquatic-themed stage musical review.
- Has had successful licensing agreements for a number of products, lending her own brand name to swimming pools and swimsuits.
- Retired from film in the early '60s at the insistence of her then-husband Fernando Lamas.
- Wrote her autobiography, Million Dollar Mermaid, in 1999 with co-author Digby Diehl.
- 1956, Golden Globe — Hollywood Citizenship Award: Winner
- 1952, Golden Globe — Henrietta Award (World Film Favorites): Winner
- Bula Williams — Mother
- Maureen Williams — Sister
- Jeff Chandler — Ex-significant Other
- Leonard Kovner — Ex-husband
- Victor Mature — Ex-significant Other
- Edward Bell — Husband
- Benjamin Stanton Gage — Son
- Ben Gage — Ex-husband
- Kimball Austin Gage — Son
- Lou Williams — Father
- Stanton Williams — Brother
- Fernando Lamas — Husband (deceased)
- Anthony Bell — Stepson
- Susan Gage Woodward — Daughter
- Lorenzo Lamas — Stepson
- Tima Alexander Bell — Stepson
- Attended Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, California, United States
Trending TonightSee all »
By Turner Classic MovieBuy New: $14.99
By Paper Studio PressBuy New: $12.00
TCM Spotlight: Esther Williams, Vol. 2 (Thrill of a Romance / Fiesta / This Time for Keeps / Pagan Love Song / Million Dollar Mermaid / Easy to Love)
By Turner Classic MovieBuy New: $39.99
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage