- Father was a Prohibition-era bootlegger.
- From 1945 to '50, wrote a weekly humor column for the Trentonian (NJ) newspaper.
- In 1953, despite gaining custody of his two daughters from his ex-wife, she disappeared with the girls and Kovacs didn't see them for almost two years before being reunited with them in 1955.
- Died in 1962 at age 42 in a car accident in Los Angeles.
- Jeff Goldblum portrayed him in the 1984 TV movie Ernie Kovacs: Between the Laughter.
- A 1987 inductee into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
- Epitaph on his tombstone reads "Nothing in Moderation."
- 1962, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement in Electronic Camera Work: Winner
- 1957, Emmy — Best Continuing Performance by a Comedian in a Series: Nominee
- 1958, Emmy — Best Comedy Writing: Nominee
- 1957, Emmy — Best Comedy Writing - Variety or Situation Comedy: Nominee
- Thomas Kovacs — Half Brother
- Elisabeth Lee Andrea Kovacs — Daughter
- Edie Adams — Wife
- Kippie Raleigh Kovacs — Daughter
- Mary Kovacs — Mother
- Andrew Kovacs — Father
- Bette Lee Wilcox — Ex-wife
- Mia Susan Kovacs — Daughter
- Birth Name: Ernest Edward Kovacs
- Birth Place: Trenton, NJ
- Died: January 13, 1962
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Producer, Director, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
Slaying the enemies of Jesus with the angel Castiel