One of the resident hunks of Grey's Anatomy
, Dane increased viewers' heart rates with his steamy (and often semi-clothed) turn as a scoundrel plastic surgeon on the prime-time drama. After becoming interested in acting in high school, Dane moved to Los Angeles in the early '90s and found steady TV work, guest starring on a string of series (Saved by the Bell
, Married...With Children
). In 2000, he did his first tour as a doctor on the short-lived but critically admired medical drama Gideon's Crossing
. Although the show didn't live past its freshman season, it jump-started Dane's career and his love life: he met girlfriend Lara Flynn Boyle during a crossover episode with her series The Practice
. A recurring role as the jet-setting beau of one of the Charmed
ones reinforced his sex appeal. While joining Grey's
as a series regular in its third season turned him into a big-time small-screen heartthrob, he found off-screen romance with actress Rebecca Gayheart.Eric Dane Fast Facts:
- Took up acting in high school, playing the role of Joe Keller in Arthur Miller's All My Sons.
- Star rose in 2006 when appearing in an episode of Grey's Anatomy as plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Sloan, otherwise known as Dr. McSteamy.
- Appeared with Grey's costar Patrick Dempsey in the 2010 romantic-comedy Valentine's Day.
- Eric Dane Relationships:
- Lara Flynn Boyle - Ex-significant Other
- Billie Beatrice Dane - Daughter
- Georgia Geraldine Dane - Daughter
- Rebecca Gayheart - Wife
- Eric Dane Awards:
- 2007 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Winner