One of the resident hunks of Grey's Anatomy, Dane increased viewers' heart rates with his steamy (and often semi-clothed) turn as a scoundrel plastic surgeon on the prime-time drama. After becoming interested in acting in high school, Dane moved to Los Angeles in the early '90s and found steady TV work, guest starring on a string of series (Saved by the Bell, Married...With Children). In 2000, he did his first tour as a doctor on the short-lived but critically admired medical drama Gideon's Crossing. Although the show didn't live past its freshman season, it jump-started Dane's career and his love life: he met girlfriend Lara Flynn Boyle during a crossover episode with her series The Practice. A recurring role as the jet-setting beau of one of the Charmed ones reinforced his sex appeal. While joining Grey's as a series regular in its third season turned him into a big-time small-screen heartthrob, he found off-screen romance with actress Rebecca Gayheart.
- Took up acting in high school, playing the role of Joe Keller in Arthur Miller's All My Sons.
- Star rose in 2006 when appearing in an episode of Grey's Anatomy as plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Sloan, otherwise known as Dr. McSteamy.
- Appeared with Grey's costar Patrick Dempsey in the 2010 romantic-comedy Valentine's Day.
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- Rebecca Gayheart — Wife
- Lara Flynn Boyle — Ex-significant Other
- Billie Beatrice Dane — Daughter
- Georgia Geraldine Dane — Daughter
- Birth Name: Eric William Dane
- Birth Place: San Francisco, CA
- Birthday: November 9, 1972, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: