Eric Close kicked off his acting career on a daytime soap before making the leap to prime time. But he initially had no luck at night, starring on a number of short-lived series (Dark Skies, Now and Again) that did little to advance his career. All that changed, however, with his high-profile role as a level-headed FBI agent on Without a Trace from 2002 to 2009. After ending his tenure on the series, Close took on a handful of smaller roles before landing one of the leads in the promising 2010 CBS pilot Chaos. The show's title proved fitting, however, and, after a months-long dispute between the network and the studio, the pilot was killed. Offscreen, the married father of two eschews the playboy lifestyle and is a devout Christian.
- Born in Staten Island, New York, his family moved several times before finally settling in San Diego in 1975.
- Made his TV debut in 1991 on an episode of MacGyver.
- Received a Soap Opera Digest Award nomination for Outstanding Male Newcomer for his role as Sawyer Walker on Santa Barbara (1992-93).
- Helped found a nonprofit group in Los Angeles that sends underprivileged kids on adventure trips.
- Received a nomination---along with the rest of the ensemble cast---for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Without a Trace.
- Has been known to include Bible quotes when signing autographs.
- 2003, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Eva Close — Mother
- Ella Close — Daughter
- Frederick Close — Father
- Randy Close — Brother
- Katie Close — Daughter
- Keri Close — Wife
- Christopher Close — Brother
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (BA in Communications, 1989); attended Instituto Internacional, Madrid, Spain
- Birth Place: Staten Island, NY
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Tangled, Grimm and more!