- His Americanized stage name was derived from the German town where he grew up, Bredenbek.
- Played on a 1972-73 Los Angeles-based semi-pro soccer team.
- Landed roles as Germans in a number of World War II series and movies, including Captain Dietrich in ABC's The Rat Patrol.
- Portrayed millionaire John Jacob Astor in James Cameron's Titanic.
- Had multiple Daytime Emmy nominations for his work as Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless and won in 1998.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007.
- Got into a minor Twitter war of words with Neil Patrick Harris in 2010 after Harris bashed Braeden about pulling out of a role on How I Met Your Mother.
- 1992, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Male Performer in a Daytime Serial: Winner
- Wilhelm Gudegast — Father
- Christian Gudegast — Son
- Dale Gudegast — Wife
- Matilde Gudegast — Mother
- Attended Montana State University, Missoula, Montana, United States; attended Santa Monica College,Santa Monica, California, United States
- Birth Name: Hans Jörg Gudegast
- Birth Place: Kiel, Germany
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and more