- Father is Iranian; mother is Scottish.
- Dropped out of college in order to pursue acting.
- Was awarded the gold medal for being best in his year when graduating from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Appeared in the National Theatre of Scotland's original production of Black Watch in 2006.
- Named as The Scotsman's Most Eligable Male in 2010.
- Attended University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland; Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow, Scotland (BA in Acting, 2005)