Emily VanCamp is a Canadian native who grew up in Ontario. She began dancing at 3, and at 11, moved to Montreal to attend the renowned ballet school L'Ecole Superieure de Danse de Quebec with the intention of becoming a professional dancer. But VanCamp was bitten by the acting bug when she visited a movie set where one of her three sisters was playing a ballerina. It wasn't long before the 13-year-old landed her first acting job on the kiddie horror series Are You Afraid of the Dark? A part as a teen Jacqueline Bouvier in Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis soon followed, as did steady work in other adult-oriented films, such as the lesbian-themed Lost and Delirious. Network television beckoned when Dawson's Creek creator Kevin Willliamson cast VanCamp in his short-lived supernatural drama Glory Days. But the failure of that series led to her star turn on the critically lauded Everwood as Amy Abbott, a popular but troubled high school student, and established VanCamp as a rising star. When that show came to what many fans felt was a premature end in 2006, VanCamp snagged the plum role of secret sibling Rebecca Harper on the family drama Brothers & Sisters. Meanwhile, she's kept her film career pumping with appearances in the thrillers The Ring Two and Carriers, as well as an update of the Biblical epic Ben Hur.
- Began dancing at 3 and has studied jazz, tap, hip-hop and ballet.
- Moved to Montreal at 11 to attend the renowned ballet school L'Ecole Superieure de Danse de Quebec.
- Made her TV debut in a 2000 episode of the horror anthology series Are You Afraid of the Dark?
- Big break came in 2002, when she was cast on WB drama Everwood as Amy Abbott, a role she played until 2006.
- Following the cancellation of Everwood, immediately jumped into another prime-time series, the hit ABC drama Brothers & Sisters.
- Speaks fluent French.
- Chris Pratt — Ex-significant Other
- Katie VanCamp — Sister
- Alison VanCamp — Sister
- Josh Bowman — Fiancé
- Molly VanCamp — Sister