- Father John Mortimer authored the popular Rumpole of the Bailey books.
- Was one year behind Rachel Weisz at St Paul's Girls' School.
- Studied English and Russian at Oxford.
- Attended Moscow Arts Theater Drama School for two semesters.
- Played Ophelia in Hamlet at the Oxford Shakespeare Festival while still in school.
- Met husband Alessandro Nivola while they were filming Love's Labour's Lost.
- Holds dual citizenship in the U.S. and England.
- 2003, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Winner
- John Mortimer — Father
- Penelope Gollop — Mother
- Ross Bentley — Half Brother
- Rosie Mortimer — Sister
- Paul Bettany — Ex-significant Other
- Jeremy Mortimer — Half Brother
- Samuel John Nivola — Son
- Alessandro Nivola — Husband
- May Rose Nivola — Daughter
- Sally Silverman — Half Sister
- University of Oxford, Lincoln College, Oxford, England (1994)
- Birth Name: Emily Kathleen A. Mortimer
- Birth Place: Finsbury Park, London, England
- Birthday: December 1, 1971, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sullivan Stapleton really, really likes a CBS sitcom.