With a cinematographer for a father and a character actress for a mother, Deschanel had showbiz embedded in her DNA. Still, her career started slowly, with a handful of TV guest appearances and small roles in big films. In fact, her younger sister, Zooey, was well on her way to stardom years before Emily landed her breakout role as an irritable forensic anthropologist on Bones, with her uncanny ability to convincingly spout science speak while retaining her sex appeal.
- Her father is Oscar-nominated cinematographer Caleb Deschanel.
- Was a member of Interact Theatre Company in Los Angeles.
- Named one of six actors to watch in Interview magazine's annual Young Hollywood issue in 2004.
- Landed her first TV starring role in 2005, when she was cast as Dr. Temperance Brennan on the Fox crime drama Bones.
- First major big-screen part came with the horror movie Boogeyman (2005); subsequently appeared in Glory Road (2006) and My Sister's Keeper (2009).
- Henry Hornsby — Son
- Caleb Deschanel — Father
- Mary Jo Deschanel — Mother
- Zooey Deschanel — Sister
- David Hornsby — Husband
- Boston University, Boston, MA (BFA in Theater, 1998)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Emily Erin Deschanel
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
- Birthday: October 11, 1976, Libra
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: