When relative neophyte Blunt was nominated for two 2007 Golden Globes for a pair of antithetical performances - her searing work as a daughter at odds with her adulterous father in the TV-movie Gideon's Daughter and her delightfully over-the-top turn as a fashionista in the feature The Devil Wears Prada - she was just fulfilling her initial promise as one of her generation's most versatile players. Still a teen when she made her London stage debut in 2001's The Royal Family (opposite Dame Judi Dench and directed by Sir Peter Hall), the British actress earned the Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Newcomer. Making an easy transition from stage to British television, she continued to impress in historical roles, first as an ancient warrior in Boudica and next as a doomed young wife in the drama Henry VIII. The silver screen summoned her, and she found success with a breakthrough performance as a manipulative privileged teenager in the British independent film My Summer of Love (2005). Already an established starlet in her homeland, Blunt broke into Hollywood films with her scene-stealing turn in The Devil Wears Prada. In 2007, her career momentum stayed steady with supporting roles in Dan in Real Life, Charlie Wilson's War, and The Jane Austen Book Club, and she experienced another impressive triumph with her moving depiction of a queen-in-progress in The Young Victoria (2009). More award nominations found her, including a Golden Globe nod for Best Actress. Next, she put aside her royal costumes to play a reluctant crime-scene cleaner in the independent feature Sunshine Cleaning (2009) and then a corseted damsel in the horror flick The Wolfman (2010). In 2010, she married John Krasinski, and in that same year they co-starred together in Gulliver's Travels. The couple would also each appear in cameo roles in 2011's The Muppets, written and co-starring Jason Segel, with whom Blunt would co-star in the 2012 romantic comedy The Five-Year Engagement and rounded out her 2012 with the Golden Globe-nominated Salmon Fishing in Yemen, romantic dramedy Your Sister's Sister and the sci-fi action thriller Looper. In 2014, she starred opposite Tom Cruise in the action-thriller Edge of Tomorrow and showed off her singing skills as the Baker's Wife in Into the Woods. The following year, she appeared in the Oscar-nominated Sicario, and in 2016, tackled the Snow White sequel The Huntsman: Winter's War and starred in the highly-anticipated adaptation of The Girl on the Train.
- As a child, she was skilled at horseback riding, playing the cello and singing before she became interested in acting.
- At age 18, played the lead role in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet at the Chichester Festival in the United Kingdom.
- Made her London stage debut in 2001 in The Royal Family, opposite Judi Dench.
- Sang "Me and Mrs. Jones" with then-boyfriend Michael Bublé on his 2007 album Call Me Irresponsible.
- Named one of the Top Fresh Faces of 2008 by Vanity Fair.
- Underwent intense ballet training for her role opposite Matt Damon in the 2010 sci-fi thriller The Adjustment Bureau.
- Was named the face of Yves Saint Laurent's OPIUM fragrance in 2011.
- Stuttered as a child, and works with the Stuttering Foundation.
- 2007, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 2007, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2010, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2010, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 2013, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Nominee
- 2017, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Leading Actress: Nominee
- 2016, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Winner
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Nominee
- 2007, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2013, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical: Nominee
- 2015, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical: Nominee
- 2007, BAFTA Film Awards — Rising Star Award: Nominee
- Hazel — Daughter
- Felicity Blunt — Sister
- Violet — Daughter
- Michael Bublé — Ex-significant Other
- John Krasinski — Husband
- Sebastian Blunt — Brother
- Susannah Blunt — Sister
- Joanna Blunt — Mother
- Oliver Blunt — Father
- Birth Name: Emily Olivia Leah Blunt
- Birth Place: London, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.