- Worked as a waitress to pay for her education at Hunter College.
- Studied acting for seven years before she had the courage to audition for a role.
- Brother George Barkin is the former editor-in-chief of National Lampoon and High Times.
- Met her second husband, Revlon mogul Ronald Perelman, at Vanity Fair's 1999 Oscar after party.
- Made her Broadway debut in The Normal Heart in April 2011.
- 1992, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2011, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Winner
- 1998, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Winner
- Evelyn Barkin — Mother
- Romey Marion Byrne — Daughter
- Ron Perelman — Ex-husband
- Gabriel Byrne — Ex-husband
- Sam Levinson — Significant Other
- Jack Daniel Byrne — Son
- George Barkin — Brother
- City University of New York, Hunter College, New York, NY; The Actor's Studio, New York, NY
- Birth Name: Ellen Barkin
- Birth Place: Bronx, NY
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters