Although this Juilliard graduate is quite comely in real life, she was unrecognizable as a ferry-crash victim in her breakthrough turn on Grey's Anatomy. For nine episodes, Reaser's natural beauty was buried under makeup and prosthetics to play Jane Doe, a pregnant amnesiac with a smashed face. Ironically, her previous TV role had been on the other side of the hospital bed, as a doctor on the short-lived drama Saved. After finishing acting school, the Michigan native honed her craft on New York stages and the soap Guiding Light. She found work in indie films, and gave a fiery performance as a foreign mail-order bride in the '20s period drama Sweet Land. Since her character was unable to speak English, Reaser communicated her emotions via her expressive eyes, earning her an Independent Spirit nomination. Following her Grey's gig, she headlined her own show, The Ex-List, which was quickly cancelled. Reaser was then cast as Esme in the film adaptation of the popular Twilight books, staying with the series through all of the sequels.
- Stepfather William Davidson was the one-time owner of the Detroit Pistons.
- Attended Juilliard with Grey's Anatomy cast mate Sara Ramirez.
- Appeared in a 2000 New York production of the play Hologram Theory with Grey's cast mate T.R. Knight.
- Interview Magazine named her as one of the 14 To Be: Emerging Creative Women in 2004.
- Nominated for a 2007 Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead in Sweet Land.
- Was already past 30 when she was cast as the perpetually 26-year-old Esme Cullen in the Twilight series.
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2007, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- John Reaser — Father
- Karen Davidson — Mother
- Mary Aaron — Sister
- Bill Davidson — Stepfather
- Ethan Davidson — Stepbrother
- Emily Reaser — Sister
- Marla Davidson Karimipour — Stepsister
- Adam Rapp — Ex-significant Other
- Attended Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI; The Juilliard School, New York, NY
- Birth Name: Elizabeth Ann Reaser
- Birth Place: Bloomfield, MI
- Birthday: June 15, 1975, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: