- Was athletic as a child; pursued acting after breaking her leg playing softball.
- Graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Made her film debut in the 1998 indie Surrender Dorothy.
- Founded a production company named Brownstone with husband Max Handelman (her college sweetheart).
- Converted to Judaism after marrying in 2003.
- Has costarred in a number of films with Paul Rudd, including The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005), Role Models (2008) and Our Idiot Brother (2011).
- Volunteers with LA's BEST, an after-school program that benefits Los Angeles youth; honored with the Children's Champion Award for her support in 2011.
- Sons Felix and Magnus were born via gestational surrogate.
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2003, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Ann Mitchell — Mother
- Magnus Mitchell Handelman — Son
- Mark P. Mitchell — Father
- Felix Handelman — Son
- Max Handelman — Husband
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States (1996); The American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco, California, United States (1998)
Season 3, Episode 7
- Birth Name: Elizabeth Maresal Mitchell
- Birth Place: Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
- Birthday: February 10, 1974, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Producer
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: