This former shoe designer entered the entertainment biz through the often volatile reality-TV route. She proved a capable contender when she competed on the second season of Survivor, and while she didn't win, Hasselbeck was able parlay what could have been 15 minutes of fame into a career. Because of her background in the fashion industry, she was a natural to host the Style Network series The Look for Less in 2002. That same year, she married NFL quarterback and college sweetheart Matt Hasselbeck. Then, in 2003 she got her big break when she guest-hosted The View and soon became a full-fledged member of the all-female morning chatfest. Often outspoken about her conservative political views, Hasselbeck became a polarizing personality who helped thrust the show into ratings-grabbing controversies, especially after liberal Rosie O'Donnell joined the series for a season and the two engaged in heated political and social debates. In 2009, Hasselbeck expanded her repertoire beyond the talk-show sphere by penning a cookbook, The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide, which detailed her struggles with celiac disease, and a clothing line for QVC. A mother of three, Hasselbeck is active with numerous charities, including the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Making Memories Foundation and Habitat for Humanity.
- Was captain of the Division I softball team at Boston College, leading her team to two Big East championships.
- Worked as an athletic-shoe designer before appearing on Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Avid runner; has completed the Boston Marathon.
- Spoke at the 2004 Republican National Convention.
- Drew on her former design experience to launch a clothing line for QVC in 2009.
- Has celiac disease.
- Taylor Thomas Hasselbeck — Son
- Isaiah Timothy Hasselbeck — Son
- Elizabeth DelPadre — Mother
- Kenneth Filarski — Father
- Tim Hasselbeck — Husband
- Grace Elisabeth Hasselbeck — Daughter
- Ken Filarski — Brother
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA (BA in Fine Arts, 1999)
- Birth Name: Elisabeth Filarski
- Birth Place: Cranston, RI
- Profession: TV host, Reality-show contestant
Trending TonightSee all »
Matt Damon dated a Stranger Things star in 2000.