- His father, Eddie Albert, was the star of the television series Green Acres. His mother, Margo Albert, was an actress who once studied dance under Rita Hayworth's father, Eduardo Cansino.
- In his early teens, made his film debut opposite Anthony Perkins in The Fool Killer (1965).
- Was studying psychology at UCLA when he got his award-winning part in Butterflies Are Free (1972).
- Served on the California Coastal Commission and California's Native American Heritage Commission.
- Cared for his ailing father during the final years of the Green Acres' star's life.
- In 2006, the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy named a trail in his honor. (Like his father, he was a dedicated environmentalist.)
- Got his middle name from Laurence Olivier, his godfather.
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1973, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Winner
- Eddie Albert — Father
- Kate Woodville — Wife
- Thais Albert — Daughter
- Maria Zucht — Sister
- Laurence Olivier — Godparent
- Margo Albert — Mother
- Attended Oxford University, Oxford, England; attended University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Edward Laurence Albert
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Died: September 22, 2006
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Amazing Race returns