Edward Albert Celebrity Watchlist
- His father, Eddie Albert, was the star of the television series Green Acres. His mother, Margo Albert, was an actress who once studied dance under Rita Hayworth's father, Eduardo Cansino.
- In his early teens, made his film debut opposite Anthony Perkins in The Fool Killer (1965).
- Was studying psychology at UCLA when he got his award-winning part in Butterflies Are Free (1972).
- Served on the California Coastal Commission and California's Native American Heritage Commission.
- Cared for his ailing father during the final years of the Green Acres' star's life.
- In 2006, the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy named a trail in his honor. (Like his father, he was a dedicated environmentalist.)
- Got his middle name from Laurence Olivier, his godfather.
- 1973, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Winner
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Eddie Albert — Father
- Thais Albert — Daughter
- Kate Woodville — Wife
- Maria Zucht — Sister
- Laurence Olivier — Godparent
- Margo Albert — Mother
- Attended Oxford University, Oxford, England; attended University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative