- Grew up in a working-class part of London's East End, the son of a truck-driver father and a teaching-assistant mother.
- Began an apprenticeship to a printer in a merchant bank at the age of 13.
- At 16, befriended a London bookmaker named Leslie Bennett, who encouraged him to follow his dream of becoming an actor and paid for his first year's tuition to drama school.
- Earned a British Independent Film Award and a National Society of Film Critics Award (both for Best Supporting Actor) for his performance as Scott, a curmudgeonly driving instructor, in Mike Leigh's 2008 film Happy-Go-Lucky.
- Janine Schneider — Wife
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London, England
- Birth Name: Edward Maurice Charles Marsan
- Birth Place: Bethnal Green, London, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Gotham and Supergirl are back