- Considered becoming a teacher, but got the acting bug after seeing Les Miserables at age 17.
- In 2000, made his professional acting debut in the off-Broadway production The Altruists.
- Was spotted by Sarah Jessica Parker while performing in a play in New York and was cast as her boyfriend on Sex and the City in 2000, his first TV role.
- Had a recurring role on Friends as Tag Jones, Rachel's hunky assistant and boyfriend.
- Was the lead in the short-lived 2001 drama Glory Days on the WB.
- Played his childhood hero Jim Craig, the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey goalie, in 2004's Miracle.
- In 2004 was cast as Det. Don Flack on CSI: NY.
- Is a huge soccer fan; his favorite team is Glasgow Celtic Football Club.
- Regularly plays hockey and for three seasons wrote a playoff blog for the New York Rangers, his favorite NHL team.
- Nikki Uberti — Wife
- Attended Skidmore College, Saratoga, NY
- Attended New York University, New York, NY
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Edmund Patrick Cahill
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: January 15, 1978, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay