- Won the 2004 Naismith Award as the nation's top high-school basketball player.
- Was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft by the Orlando Magic.
- Appeared on ABC's Extreme Makeover, helping to build a house in Florida, in 2006.
- Started at center for the U.S. team that won the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Won the Slam Dunk contest at the 2008 NBA All Star Game.
- In 2009, became the youngest player to be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Won again for the 2009 to 2010 season.
- Known for his charity work in central Florida and Atlanta, he established the Dwight D. Howard Foundation, offering scholarships and other help for disadvantaged youths.
- In 2009, he was named one of the 10 finalists for the Jefferson Awards for Public Service, which honor athletes for charitable work.
- Was among top vote-getters in balloting for the 2011 NBA All-Star team, of which he had already been a member four times.
- Sheryl Howard — Mother
- Royce Reed — Ex-significant Other
- TaShanda — Sister
- Braylon — Son
- Dwight Howard Sr. — Father
- Jahaziel Howard — Brother
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Dwight David Howard
- Birth Place: Atlanta, GA
- Birthday: December 8, 1985, Sagittarius
- Profession: NBA basketball player
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans