Drea de Matteo planned to become a director when she enrolled at New York University, but by the time she graduated she had switched to acting. After a handful of small gigs, the Italian-American landed her breakthrough role on The Sopranos, which earned her an Emmy and a lot of magazine photo spreads. In 2004 she left the mob series for a leading part on the sitcom Joey. While she remains a Big Apple gal at heart, she surprised fans by falling for country musician Shooter Jennings, who proposed to her onstage in Utica, New York. Heritage and onscreen roles have led her to another accented part, living on Wisteria Lane as Angie Bolen in Desperate Housewives.
- First name is pronounced "Dray."
- Has numerous tattoos, including a crucifix on her ankle and her mother and father's names on her right arm.
- Appeared in the pilot of The Sopranos as a restaurant hostess; she was later called back to take on the role of Adriana.
- Co-owned a clothing store, Filth Mart, in Manhattan's East Village (opened in 1999 but since closed). She also designs clothing.
- Founded Great Dane Productions with her friend Robin Whitehouse.
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2000, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Albert de Matteo — Father
- Donna de Matteo — Mother
- Joe de Matteo — Brother
- Darren de Matteo — Brother
- Shooter Jennings — Ex-fiancé
- Waylon Albert Jennings — Son
- Alabama Gypsyrose Jennings — Daughter
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (BFA in film production, 1995)
- Birth Name: Andrea Donna de Matteo
- Birth Place: Queens, NY
- Birthday: January 19, 1973, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life