This tween heartthrob began building up his résumé at age 8, with a string of small TV and film appearances. At 13, Bell became a budding star with his humorous antics on Nickelodeon's The Amanda Show. And in 2004, he and Amanda cohort Josh Peck earned their own comedy series, appropriately titled Drake & Josh. As the cooler stepbrother to Peck's goody-goody nerd, Bell made young viewers swoon with his hipster style and musical skills (off screen, he had his own eponymous band, which supplied the series' theme song). Although a serious car accident in December 2005 looked like it might derail Bell's career, he made a full recovery and looked remarkably healthy when he was named favorite actor at Nickelodeon's 19th Annual Kids' Choice Awards in 2006. Since the Drake & Josh series wrapped in 2007, Bell has kept busy with a TV movie featuring the titular duo, as well as appearances on the popular Nickelodeon sitcom iCarly and the Web series I <3 Vampires.
- At 12, received guitar lessons on the set of romantic comedy Chasing Destiny (2000) from one of his co-stars, legendary Who front man Roger Daltrey.
- Co-wrote and performed the theme song for his Nickelodeon sitcom, Drake & Josh.
- Was seriously injured in a December 2005 car accident, causing a delay in the production of Drake.
- Released debut album Telegraph in 2005 though his own label, Backhouse Records; signed with Universal Motown for the 2006 follow-up, It's Only Time.
- Since Drake ended in 2007, has appeared in a TV movie based on the series, as well as Nickelodeon sitcom iCarly and Web series I <3 Vampires.
- Travis Bell — Brother
- Robin Dodson — Mother
- Robert Bell — Brother
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jared Drake Bell
- Birth Place: Newport Beach, CA
- Birthday: June 27, 1986, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Singer