- Began working for his father's New York ad agency in the early '80s—and was fired shortly thereafter.
- Returned in 1984, emerged as CEO in 1989 and then bought out his father.
- Did advertising work for the 1992 Clinton-Gore campaign.
- Broke ground in 1994 with an Ikea spot featuring gay shoppers.
- Deutsch Inc. won Adweek magazine's Agency of the Year award in 1998, '99, 2001 and '02.
- Has authored two books: Often Wrong, Never in Doubt: Unleash the Business Rebel Within (cowritten with Peter Knobler in 2005); and The Big Idea: How to Make Your Entrepreneurial Dreams Come True, From the Aha Moment to Your First Million (cowritten with Catherine Whitney in 2008).
- Hosted Big Idea With Donny Deutsch, a CNBC talk show featuring interviews with successful businesspeople, from 2004 to 2008.
- Serves on the board of directors for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
- Liza Sandler — Significant Other
- Amanda Zacharia — Ex-significant Other
- Stacy Josloff — Ex-wife
- David Deutsch — Father
- Francine Deutsch — Mother
- Daisy — Daughter
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (BS in Marketing, 1979)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.95 (as of 5:27 AM UTC - more info)
By NBCTemporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item. Buy New: $39.99 (as of 5:27 AM UTC - more info)
By The 92nd Street YUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $9.95 (as of 5:27 AM UTC - more info)