- Is the eighth of nine children; youngest brother is actor-singer Mark Wahlberg.
- Big break came in 1985, when music producer Maurice Starr auditioned him for a group that became the boy band New Kids on the Block.
- In 1991, the New Kids topped Forbes' list of America's highest-paid entertainers with $115 million in earnings.
- Acting debut was in Bullet, a 1996 direct-to-video flick starring Mickey Rourke and Tupac Shakur.
- Early big-screen roles included a kidnapper in Ransom (1996) and a former mental patient in The Sixth Sense (1999).
- His character of Detective Eric Matthews appeared in the second, third, fourth and fifth entries in the popular Saw series of horror movies.
- Has been a regular on several TV series, including the police dramas Boomtown and Blue Bloods, and the short-lived thriller Runaway.
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program: Nominee
- Donald E. Wahlberg Sr. — Father
- Arthur Wahlberg — Brother
- James Wahlberg — Brother
- Elijah Hendrix Wahlberg — Son
- Tracey Wahlberg — Sister
- Debbie Wahlberg — Sister
- Michelle Wahlberg — Sister
- Evan Asher — Stepson
- Robert Wahlberg — Brother
- Xavier Alexander Wahlberg — Son
- Alma Wahlberg — Mother
- Mark Wahlberg — Brother
- Paul Wahlberg — Brother
- Kim Fey — Ex-wife
- Jenny McCarthy — Wife
Season 4, Episode 16
- Birth Name: Donald Edmond Wahlberg Jr.
- Birth Place: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
- Birthday: August 17, 1969, Leo
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Songwriter