Before his catchphrase "You're fired!" became the "Talk to the hand!" of the early 2000s, Trump became famous in the '80s when he took the respectable real-estate business he inherited from his father and turned it into an empire. Astutely aware of the currency of fame, Trump marketed his own image and became an unlikely celebrity, with his high-profile marriages---and subsequent divorces---from Marla Maples and Ivana Trump only serving to increase his visibility. After almost going bankrupt in the '90s, he bounced back in 2004 by executive-producing and starring in the hugely successful reality show The Apprentice. And Trump saw an improvement in his personal life as well in 2005 when he wed Slovenian model Melania Knauss. Trump eventually entered politics, running for president in 2016 and winning the Republican nomination. After defeating Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election, Trump became the 45th President of the United States on January 20, 2017.
- Developer of real-estate complexes and skyscrapers, including Trump Tower, Trump Place Apartments and Trump Casino & Resorts.
- Began his business career in an office he shared with his father (also a successful real-estate developer) in Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn.
- Author of a number of best-selling books.
- Was forced to file bankruptcy in 1990 after a loss of over two-thirds of his net worth, or $1.5 billion. Eventually he recovered and returned his net worth to $3 billion.
- Reportedly received $3 million per episode for The Apprentice.
- Ran for president in 2016, as a Republican, eventually winning the race and becoming the 45th President of the United States.
- 2005, Emmy — Outstanding Reality/Competition Program: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Reality/Competition Program: Nominee
- Melania Knauss Trump — Wife
- Ivana Trump — Ex-wife
- Maryanne Trump Barry — Sister
- Mary MacLeod Trump — Mother
- Robert Trump — Brother
- Frederick C. Trump — Father
- Barron Trump — Son
- Donald Trump Jr. — Son
- Tiffany Trump — Daughter
- Fred Trump Jr. — Brother
- Ivanka Trump — Daughter
- Elizabeth Trump — Sister
- Eric Trump — Son
- Marla Maples — Ex-wife
- Attended Fordham University, Bronx, New York, United States; University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States (BS in Economics, 1968)
- Birth Name: Donald John Trump
- Birth Place: Queens, New York, United States
- Profession: Real-estate developer, Executive producer, TV-series host, Author, Politician