- Worked as an insurance salesman before turning to jobs in television and radio.
- Was a news announcer at WCIU in Chicago in the 1960s when he started hosting dance parties around the city and had the idea to create Soul Train.
- Hosted Soul Train from 1971 to 1993, when a series of guest hosts took over.
- Created the Soul Train Music Awards in 1987.
- Delores Harrison — Ex-wife
- Anthony Cornelius — Son
- Victoria — Ex-wife
- Raymond Cornelius — Son
- Birth Name: Donald Cortez Cornelius
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Died: February 1, 2012
- Profession: Host, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
The cast weighs in