- Worked as an insurance salesman before turning to jobs in television and radio.
- Was a news announcer at WCIU in Chicago in the 1960s when he started hosting dance parties around the city and had the idea to create Soul Train.
- Hosted Soul Train from 1971 to 1993, when a series of guest hosts took over.
- Created the Soul Train Music Awards in 1987.
- Anthony Cornelius — Son
- Delores Harrison — Ex-wife
- Victoria — Ex-wife
- Raymond Cornelius — Son
Season 5, Episode 8
- Birth Name: Donald Cortez Cornelius
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Birthday: September 27, 1936, Libra
- Died: February 1, 2012
- Profession: Host, Producer
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: